Thursday, September 04, 2008

Running...

I feel like I am always running... somewhere! Life is pretty busy (but amazing!!!) these days. Here is a brief update on us!

Naomi is doing great! She turned TWO this past July. She amazes us daily with how much she is learning and growing! We have been home from China for about 10 months! WOW! She sleeps great (this week)... she has grown so big! She has gone from wearing 6-9 month old clothes to wearing 18-24 month old clothes! She has gained about 8 lbs. and grown about 4 inches in height! That is all in 10 months time!!! She has become so affectionate and loves to give kisses! She and Daniel have a very healthy "sibling" relationship! They bicker one second and are snuggling the next. She had her  cleft palate repaired last Feb. and has healed beautifully! She is in speech therapy once a week and is making great strides in language.

Daniel turned FOUR in July.  He is a complete sweetheart and is a silly boy! He makes me laugh all the time! He started back in preschool this week and is loving it! He had a hearing test last spring that indicated he needed to see a specialist... well, he was seen a couple weeks ago and the test was repeated. His hearing has gotten a bit worse. Upon examination, it was found he has something called a cholesteatoma in his left ear. Click on the word for a description... but what it means for him is that he will have a CT of his head on Sept. 22nd and surgery on Oct. 3rd to remove it. Please pray that it is not to invasive in the bones of his ear or his scull... we will know more after the CT. It is a benign finding... but could end up being multiple surgeries and permanent hearing loss in that ear. 

Glenn & I... well we are keeping busy running around after the kids! We are really hoping to sell the Coldstone Creamery in Chico, as it is a total drain of our time and emotions! Anyone interested!!!???? Glenn has had to spend alot of time up there recently, which is hard for him since he is back to work... Oh how we love Summer breaks! Oh, and back to "running..." really running, I mean! Well, I am NOT a runner, however, I have been challenged and inspired by my sister Lea! She is training for a 1/2 marathon! She is doing great! Well... I want to run too! So I am slowly beginning to run! :) FUN!!

That is us... in a nutshell! It was supposed to be a brief update... guess I am feeling wordy tonight...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a "blurb" titled..."News from the backyard"...then give a few highlights about your "visitor"! Love, Mom

Proudfoot Family said...

Okay, now I'm curious about this visitor :)---Looks like you guys are staying busy. Sorry to hear about Daniel's ear. We'll be praying that it will turn out to be minor and no damage. Thanks for the cute pic of Zeke. Miss you guys.

THE ANDERS FAMILY said...

Thanks for the update! We missed seeing you guys last night. We will praying for Daniel and that all goes well. Hope to see you guys soon.

Rich and Karyn Speakman said...

We are definitely praying for Daniel and we hope that everything is okay with him. I think about you guys so much. We have to do lunch sometime...and soon! :)

Melissa said...

We will keep Daniel in our prayers. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do.