Thursday, March 07, 2013

Quinoa Greek Salad

This salad is so delicious! I had extra quinoa in the fridge that I needed to use up so I found a yummy looking recipe at Green Plate Rule for a quinoa greek salad. I added kalamata olives to mine. I also always cook my quinoa in vegetable broth for a little extra flavor. This was a simple and healthy week night dinner that even my even my picky Daniel loved!
I mixed the cooked quinoa with this dressing...

Greek dressing
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp sugar, agave or honey (I used honey)
  • dash fresh cracked pepper
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
Then added the olives, banana peppers, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber and a little feta. I served it over a bed of spinach. The kids liked it without the spinach. G & I ate it with some grilled shrimp.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Fun! Your blogging! Love to see all of these little details of your life! xo

Karen said...

Can't wait to try it. It looks yummy. I'm always looking for a way to prepare quinoa.

Anonymous said...

Yum! Maybe we can make it when dad and I are visiting next week!

Lea (froglea) said...

I tried it and it was yummy!!!!