I have a strange love of mason jars and ways to use them. When I saw a way to use them in my refrigerator I was all over it. Eating healthy requires preparation. Thinking ahead and a little time spent up-front makes weekday lunches so much easier and fast. Not to mention it makes a super organized refrigerator! This week my jars are filled with cucumber, green apple, celery, cabbage, red onion, carrot, salad greens and a little bit of chopped walnuts.
Add a yummy, oil-free, homemade avocado/cilantro dressing and maybe a little chicken breast and you get... MMMMmmm... A healthy, fast and beautiful lunch! Makes me happy!
Avocado/cilantro Dressing
1 avocado
juice of 1/2 a lemon or juice of whole lime
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
3 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup water
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp raw honey
salt & pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients in a food processor
1 comment:
Love this concept! I may have to go get some mason jars! Thanks for the idea and the dressing recipe sounds fab too! You are so right...it's all in the planning!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment