Saturday, December 20, 2008

Birthday Party for Jesus!

These are my faithful friends, God gave them to me... we meet every Friday and do a bible study. They have become so special to me. They are my encouragers. These woman keep me accountable in my spiritual walk. They have taught me so much and helped me to grow so much. I love them! I could go on & on & on... 

Yesterday, we got together with all of our kids and had a birthday party for Jesus! What a fun a special way to remind our children what the true meaning of Christmas is.

From left to right in the back...
Me, Traci, Shanna, Vicky, Dawn & Monica  (Kristin, Kate & Amber... we missed you!!)

We decorated sugar cookies cut out in shapes of the nativity scene! 
The kids had a blast decorating ornaments...
...and, Of course, we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus! Cupcakes, candles and all!

You are probably noticing a couple husbands in the picture! My love, Glenn  and Monica's husband, Joe came to help out with "kid control" and actually, they just wanted to be a part off the party! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! The kids look like they are having a great time...dad's included! They will treasure these memories and traditions someday...when they get old (like me!) How blessed you are to have a group of women that love and support each other as you raise your families! God Bless you all! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I want to live by you!! :) I'm so glad you're enjoying your friends and little ones at this special time of year. Merry Christmas!
love, Sarah Hume

Anonymous said...

I too have a group of special ladies that I meet with each week who help me on my spiritual journey as well. God is so good to us to give us special friends!
Merry Christmas! Karen V.

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Hey there! You mean to tell me that you've NEVER been to see the lights in the El Margarita area? It's a must and the kids would love it. Take Hwy 20 to El Margarita Road and then stay on it until you're almost to Franklin Road. You can't miss it at night! Merry Christmas!